[TN-Bird] W W Scoters yes :-)

  • From: Thomas Miko <thomas_miko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 20:09:50 -0800

Hi Folks,

Thanks to Bill Holt and Marty Paige's instructions, I saw a boatload of
White-winged Scoters at the Vincent Road boat ramp, off Highway 58, in
Chattanooga, today.  This was the only spot where I looked for ducks. In Los
Angeles we get one or two White-winged Scoters each winter, but I have never
seen a whole flock of them. Wow.

Two Bald Eagles soared overhead, while a Long-tailed Duck followed the scoter
flock.  There were also Common Goldeneyes. I did not see any Black Scoters or
Surf Scoters, and would still like to see a Black Scoter, anywhere. Fish Crows
called while flying overhead, while a Carolina Wren played hide & seek.

 Tom

Thomas Geza Miko,

B.Sc. Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation & Lab Safety

653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., unit C

Claremont, CA 91711
U.S.A.

Home: 909.445.1456