The loss of Bill Pulliam left big shoes to fill with eBird review in Tennessee.
Over the last month or so, I worked with the other current TN reviewers and
eBird Central to come up with a plan to move forward. That plan somehow ended
up with me basically taking Bill's place as statewide lead. However, the
county level reviewers will maintain the lead in their counties and I'll simply
be behind the scenes and help if and when needed. The plan includes some
changes that Bill and I had discussed back in the spring, including bringing on
NEW reviewers and adding counties to some current reviewers.
Below is the breakdown:
1. Susan Hoyle and Kevin Calhoon maintain current counties in east Tennessee.
2. Frank Fekel and Phillip Casteel add Williamson and Cheatham Co to Davidson
3. Mark Greene had Lake and Obion, but now also reviews Dyer, Lauderdale,
Weakley, Haywood, Gibson, Crockett, Benton, and Henry.
4. Mike Todd is new and doing Madison and Carroll counties.
5. Mike Smith is new and covering Robertson and Sumner counties
6. Steven Zipperer is new and is covering Wilson, Rutherford, Marshall and
7. Dan Scheiman (an Arkansas reviewer) is going to help with Shelby, Tipton,
and Fayette Co.!!
8. Scott Somershoe keeps the 16 counties on the plateau and is now lead on 23
more counties in middle and west Tennessee. Phew. Over time, I'll give more
counties to the new reviewers so they can take some load off of me!
MANY THANKS to the new reviewers stepping up to the plate and for everyone's
patience as we get rolling.
I'm traveling all week and won't have much time to begin addressing the back
log of flagged reports until next week, but the new TN review crew is working
on it. I'll be working with the new folks to get them up to speed soon and
we'll aim to maintain consistency in how reports are handled across the state.
Scott "glutton for punishment" Somershoe
Co-Author of Birds of Tennessee: A New Annotated Checklist