[TN-Bird] Trumpeters Not Found at Noon Saturday (Williamson Co.)

  • From: "Jud Johnston" <rivendell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 15:14:05 -0500

I did not find the trumpeters between noon and 12:45 today.  When I first
arrived in the area, it was raining heavily, and I was headed east from I-65,
so I didn't even see the pond.  When I reached Rutherford Co., I turned around
and located the pond 2-2.5 miles west of the U.S. 31 exit, immediately east of
the Harpeth River, on the north side of 840.  The nearest bank is only 50 yards
or so from the highway at closest approach.  No swans present.

I also tried the view from Cox Rd., and later made another stop along 840
without success, all encompassing about 45 minutes.

Jud Johnston
Waynesboro