[TN-Bird] Trickling South - West TN

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 23:27:21 -0400 (EDT)

July 3-4, 2011
West TN.

Once a camel gets its nose under the edge of the  tent you can't stop him
from coming in; so here comes fall  shorebird migration. Sunday, in Dyer Co,
off the Great River Road, 6  scattered Least Sandpipers and another 3 at
White Lake. In Lake Co, north of 103  highway, 3 Least, a single Lesser
Yellowlegs and a Spotted Sandpiper. Farther up  the road on the east side of
Mud
Lake, 7 Least Sandpipers and a single Solitary.  While viewing three Neotropic
Cormorants at Lake #9 in KY, another Solitary  Sandpiper was flushed.
Coming through Dyer and Lake Counties, I counted 19  immature Black-necked
Stilts. A pair of male Shoveler Ducks were seen at Mud  lake in Lake Co.

Monday at the "Pits" in Memphis, 9 Least Sandpipers, 3 Lesser  Yellowlegs
and a Spotted Sandpiper. A pair of male Blue-winged Teal are still  hanging
around, are mates nested nearby??

Good  Birding!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington  Road
Bartlett, TN 38135
http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/
What is this  feathered thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.