[TN-Bird] [TN-bir] Looking for Scissor-tailed Flycatchers and Western Kingbirds

  • From: Alex Worm <wormalex@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:42:28 -0800 (PST)

My name is Alex Worm and I'm a graduate student at Arkansas State University
and I will be looking for nest locations of Scissor-tailed Flycatchers (STFL)
and Western Kingbirds (WEKI) in the spring. The two species have been
documented to hybridize and hybrid nest have been found around the Memphis
area. I will be looking at hybridization and range expansion in the two species
around NE Arkansas, SE Missouri, and eastern Tennessee. I am writing to ask for
your help in mapping the range expansion of the two species so I would love to
here if anyone has found any nest of STFLs or WEKIs or hybrids. So if you have
any nest locations please email me detailed locations and dates as possible,
this will greatly aid us in our study, and keep a look out for potential
hybrids!

Thanks so much,

Alex Worm