[TN-Bird] TN-BIRDS NET- SNOW ADVISORY BIRD REPORTING

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:57:13 -0500

TN Birders:
During the past decade we have had a few rare weekends where snowfall keeps
many of our subscribers at home and near warm fires.  At such times our bird
network makes a special exception for everyone's entertainment.

BEGINNING TONIGHT (FRIDAY) at 10 p.m. Central and 11 p.m. Eastern, TN-Birds
will relax all reporting requirements and formalities.   This TN-Birds Snow
Response will continue until further notice.

Anyone wishing to post bird observations from their feeders or yards or in
their neighborhoods is invited to do so.  If you just want to say hello and
send your snow depth and excitement of birds at your feeder, feel free to jump
right in.

During this open net, some of you may not have snow but you may share that
also.  The net is open for pure enjoyment.

Of course we are not expecting the snow of a century as we had in 1993.  We are
simply having a weekend of snow across much of our state.

One exception to the above open net asks that if you have rare or very unusual
reports for the state or region, you should provide the same detail as
otherwise required.

Enjoy your birds and share your joy with us.

Let's watch birds....

Wallace Coffey
Moderator TN-Birds Net
Tennessee Ornithological Society