[TN-Bird] [TN Bird] - Wilson Co - Old Hickory Lake

  • From: Ann Shapiro <azshapiro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:59:30 -0500

I don't post much but read all the emails. I had to post my FOS (3.14.2014)
- Great Egret.  Very excited to see one and hope to see more. (On the
island with the Heron Rookery at Shutes Branch Rec area Old Hickory Lake.)

Also still have plenty of Ring-billed gulls, American Coots, 15 Black
Vultures, Canada Geese, Mallards, 5 Pied-billed Grebe and several "mutt
ducks" that live in this area year round.

At Cedar Creek Rec/Camping area on Old Hickory Lake - 80+ Double Crested
Cormorants on island at the opening of the cove, 15 Great Blue Herons along
shore or in trees at the park, 12 Canada Geese, 35+ American Coots, 1
Osprey and the usual Robins, Cardinals and Carolina Wrens. Only a few Gulls
to far to determine but probably Ring-Billed.

Missing in both locations today were the Belted Kingfishers that I usually
see or hear.

I have created a pbase gallery to document some of the birds I see this
Spring.

http://www.pbase.com/azshapiro/old_hickory_lake_spring_2014

--
Ann Shapiro
3.14.2014

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."