[TN-Bird] Swallow Bonanza

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 00:22:17 -0400 (EDT)

Sept. 19, 2011
Tiptonville, TN

I called Nancy Moore and she joined me to try to relocate the  Cave Swallow
among the hoards of swallows. Finally, after much searching, we had  all 6
species of swallows on the same power line. Nancy was able to pick  out the
immature Cave while it sat next to Cliff Swallows. The pale collar,  throat
and light flush of color down its flanks plus the light  auricular made for
nice definitive scope comparison.

The Sunday parade of vehicles kept the birds flying off their  perches with
every pass and the mix was hard to un-scramble. I only found the  bird four
times in about 3 hours. There may have been 2 birds but the wind,  rain and
gray overcast kept me from seeing separating details as the birds  most of
the times returned to perch some distance away from us on the  power lines
at the River Park Landing.

Good  Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington  Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135
_http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/_ (http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/)
What  is this feathered thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.