[TN-Bird] Sumner County Louisiana Waterthrush

  • From: Kevin Bowden <bnabirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:30:13 -0500

Taylor Hollow State Natural Area
Sumner County, TN

On today's hike led  by Roger McCoy from the TN Division Natural Areas
and Dwayne Estes of Austin Peay State University at the Taylor Hollow State
Natural in Sumner County most eyes were looking down at the flora. The
stream at the bottom of the slope kept my attention as I suspected there
might be a newly-arrived Lousiana Waterthrush lurking out there. Before too
long I heard what I suspected was the chip note of the Lousiana
Waterthrush. But no song. Finally as we began to ascend the trail at the
end of the hike the bird sang out several times.

Kevin Bowden
Nashville, TN