[TN-Bird] South polar Skua in Tennessee?

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: albirds@xxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDWG01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 22:29:22 EDT

Chatters,

I have now loaded 16 photos taken of the large dark bird that was  dropped in
on us by Hurricane Katrina. The bird appeared to eight of us late in  the
afternoon on August 30, and was seen again by four of us the following  morning.

The bird was immediately questioned by Jon Dunn who had joined us at this
marvelous and diverse fallout of birds at Pickwick Lake on the  Tennessee River
in Hardin Co. Jon has settled on this being a Skua rather than  the more
expected Pomarine Jaeger, pending these final photos.

Comments are welcomed, they can be sent to me directly or posted on the web
site. I will collect them and post them in total after a reasonable comment
period.

Try:   _http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/pomarineskua_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/pomarineskua)

Or;     _http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/_ (http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/)