[tn-bird] Sooty Tern Carcass Found

  • From: "Stacey Adair" <tvhdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:44:08 -0400

Sunday afternoon I found the carcass of a Sooty Tern in may pasture. The
carcass was in good shape, with little to no decomposition. The bird is
identical to that in Sibleys. Black bill and legs, Black above, very white
below, white face with black eyestripe, black forked tail with white outer tail
feathers and white on the wings at the front of the shoulders. I have placed
the bird in my freezer and will bring it to the Knoxville TOS meeting on
Wednesday night. I will also contact Kevin Calhoon. I don't know if this is the
Marion County bird or not. We are about 80 miles north. I had heard it was seen
yesterday, but not today.

Steve Adair
Maryville, TN