[TN-Bird] Snow Goose - Morgan County, TN

  • From: Michael Hodge <tennessee_wulff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:52:35 -0800 (PST)

Friday I was driving east on Flat Fork Road when I saw an unexpected
white goose fly up from an adjacent field.  As it banked over the
road I could clearly see the black primaries contrasting with the
brilliant white body.  I returned to the house to get the scope and
grabbed a notebook. As I returned to scope the bird I realized I had
left the notebook on top of the truck, as the papers were flying
behind me. I stopped to pick them up and thatâ??s when I smashed my
finger in the door. It made for a memorable goose sighting.

The lone bird has been hanging out with a large flock of Canada Geese
around the red barns at the Brushy Mountain Prison Farm and the
Morgan Co. ambulance station on Flat Fork Road.

Regards,
Michael Hodge
Interpretive Ranger
Frozen Head State Park & Natural Area