[TN-Bird] Snow Goose Festival.......California...on NPT

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:46:45 -0500 (EST)

Just now, I stumbled onto a nice TV production of Huell Howser's program
called CALIFORNIA GOLD.  It featured the annual Snow Goose Festival in
Chico, California.  Looks like a big thing for those folks, like our  sandhill
cranes, whoopers and "hoody" at Hiwassee.  Millions of snow geese  (literally)
come to the area for winter.  Sounds like a good place for a  birding
vacation.  For information, check out _www.snowgoosefestival.com_
(http://www.snowgoosefestival.com)

WNPT in Nashville often reruns programs later in the week, so check with
them if you missed it.  Worth seeing.

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN (Davidson County}