[TN-Bird] Sibley's New Eastern and Western Guides

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: BIRDCHAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,albirds@xxxxxxxxxxx, ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:39:25 EST

In a message dated 3/31/03 4:50:28 PM, ipaulsen@xxxxxxx writes:
<< HI ALL:
has anyone seen the newest (western/eastern ones) by Sibley yet? >>

I just received my advance copies of Sibley's two new Eastern and Western
Guides in the mail this afternoon and have been going through them a little
tonight. First impression is that I would definitely buy them to carry in the
field.  I'll get into them big time tomorrow. Looks like a lot of changes and
tune ups. Generally 2 species to a page and map but where more room was
needed he used a whole page or at times even two for one species. A lot of
tweaking has paid off and now the single most heard complaint of being too
big for the field has been taken care off, what next? Look for them at a
store near you, SOON.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA