[TN-Bird] Re: Shade-grown coffee

  • From: "Charles P. Nicholson" <cpnichol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 20:25:34 -0400

Charlie's, Dev's, and Daniel's comments on this topic are all true.
Unfortunately, as with untold number of other consumer items, as long as
there is such a large price difference between the cost of shade-grown
coffee and regular coffee, shade-grown coffee will remain a niche market
item, consumed by only a small fraction of the "71 million Americans who
consider themselves birdwatchers."  Just look at the success of the lil
ole store out of Arkansas (again, no brand names here) if you think
price is not important to the great majority of Americans.

Chuck Nicholson
Norris, TN