[TN-Bird] Seven Islands visit

  • From: Hugh Barger <hughbarger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 16:49:26 -0400

I made my first visit to Seven Islands Park in Knox County this morning and
observed several birds but not many varieties of migrants.
Sightings included:
at least 10 common yellowthroats singing in the lower fields
2 blue-gray gnatcatchers by the river
multiple field sparrows in the hedgerows
1 Savannah sparrow
a female Northern harrier coursing over the field at the Green House
multiple tree swallows
several meadow larks
3 wild turkey hens
a pair of palm warblers hanging out in a thicket
about 20 male towhees singing from high perches
1 black vulture perched on a power pole
10 heron nests in trees by the river with 6 great blue herons nearby
1 Eastern kingbird
No purple martins were seen at the martin house by the Green House

-
​Hugh Barger