[TN-Bird] S-T Kites NO SHOW 8/18-12

  • From: Georges McNeil <mcneilg20@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 17:54:14 -0700 (PDT)

I am unhappily reporting that the Swallow-tailed Kites were not present at the
R & D Slaughterhouse area in Blount County.  I arrived by 9:30am
today (8/18/12) and drove around the area for about half an hour.  I only found
3 Red-tails and 1 Broad-winged hawk along with the usual suspects of N.
Mockingbirds, Bluebirds and E. Kingbirds.  Perhaps the S-T Kites have moved on.
 If some one finds them later next week, please report your date and time.  I
will be back in this area next weekend and would love to see and if lucky,
photograph them.  This one would be a lifer for me.

Bird On!
Georges McNeil
Memphis, TN