[tn-bird] SNOWY OWL

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:23:18 EST

Yesterday (Tuesday), Jennifer Serrano drove Tarcila Fox, Tarcila's son Ricky
and me to Kentucky to see the snowy owl.  It was there in all its
breathtaking splendor.  Just as we turned off Hwy. 27, we could see the bird
on the third pole down the road at the point where Bishop Ridge Road meets
the LLL Road (?)  We were there for about an hour during the early afternoon.
 I got a good bit of up close video of the bird with my zoom lens, and we got
fantastic looks at it up close and personal through Tarcila's fantastic
scope.  I also took some still photos, but they will have to be enlarged if
they come out.  In all my years of birding with over 700 species on my list,
this LIFER is one of the most spectacular birds I have seen.  Go see it today!

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN