[TN-Bird] SE Tenessee Migrants

  • From: "Charles Murray" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "dro_1945@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 07:58:06 -0700

This morning before a thundershower chased me indoors, I had 23 species in
Birchwood (Hamilton County). Some of these specieswere:

        * Tennessee warblers - numerous
        * Magnolia warblers - several
        * American redstart warblers - two or three
        * Black-throated green warbler  - one or maybe more; see my next note.
        * Unidentified warblers - three or more of the same species
        * Gray catbird - 1
        * Ruby-throated hummingbird(s) - one or two
        * Gray-cheeked (?) thrush - one

        * Cedar waxwings, American robins, and Blue jays - numerous, feeding on
the ripened seeds or fruits of magnolia, hackberry, and fox grape
On Saturday, October 4, from the Cherokee Removal Memorial Park in Meigs
County, I saw several birds flying low and apparently feeding over the Hiwassee
River near Hiwassee Island. Is it plausible that these birds were tree
swallows? They were very far away but appeared to be dark colored above and
white below. I also saw several pied-billed grebes in the same area that day,
as well as a bald eagle.

Charles Murray
Birchwood, TN