[TN-Bird] Rufous Hummingbird-Dyersburg

  • From: Kathy Sellars <ksellars@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 08:58:46 -0600

It has been a week since I've seen the juvenile female rufous hummingbird at my
house in Dyersburg.  I last saw her the morning of 2/19/14.

A couple of weeks ago, someone about 2 miles north of me saw a hummingbird
checking out a red sunflower feeder in their yard, so I was trying to prepare
myself for the fact she might have been thinking of moving northwest.  As of
yesterday (2/26/14), I still have an orange-crowned warbler, yellow-rumped
warbler and ruby-crowned kinglet drinking from sugar water in dishes I leave
out for the honey bees.   Kathy SellarsDyersburg, TN (Dyer County)