[TN-Bird] Rufous Hummingbird Day 29

  • From: eyesew@xxxxxxxxx (Virginia Curtis)
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 06:46:02 -0600

He appeared at his regular time of 6:28 this morning and we got our
guests awake to report immediately so as not to cause anxiety like
yesterday.  We did not realize so many people shared our concern for
this one little bird until our late post caused our local CBC
coordinator to email and call and many more of you emailed to say you
were anxious until our post appeared online.  It is amazing to us how
much emotion this tiny feathered thing has created in our house and
hearts and even in those who have not had the opportunity to see him.
We've been thinking how to personalize him with an appropriate name
since he has become so much a part of us.  We're thinking "Willy"
because the most important question of each day seems to be "will he"
show up today - sorry, but it is early and I haven't had enough
caffeine.

Tommy & Virginia Curtis
Smithville, TN
DeKalb County