[TN-Bird] Ross's Goose in Overton County north of Livingston

  • From: "LeGrand family" <elegrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:02:50 -0600

Steve Stedman and I found a Ross's Goose today (Sunday, Jan 25) among about
40 Canada Geese along Rt. 111 about 300 yards north of the intersection with
Jaybird Lane (or Road) in a wet open area with several small ponds. This is
about halfway between Livingston and the upper end of Dale Hollow Lake (Obey
Recreation Area).

Also today, while we were at Willow Grove along Dale Hollow Lake (Clay
County) a flock of 100 Sandhill Cranes flew north overhead.

Ed LeGrand

Crossville, Cumberland  Co. TN