[tn-bird] Roseate Spoonbill (Greene County)

  • From: Lana Hays <lhays2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:49:27 -0400

I am posting to get some information of your Roseate Spoonbill in Greene
County.  There have been 4 spoonbills at Rocky Fork Lake in Southwestern
Ohio since late July.  I had gone up there to visit and photograph them for
several weeks.  This past Friday the 4 were still present as I called the
lake to check.  I then didn't get to visit Saturday so I went up Sunday.  At
that time there was only 1.  Several of us searched off and on over a period
of several hours and could not locate the other three.  As of today the
"lone ranger" is gone.  As the appearance of your spoonbill is just after
the disappearance of three at Rocky Fork, several people have wondered if it
could be one of them.  I took some pictures from a boat of the spoonbills
which in an enlarged version show detail of the legs/knees with all present
in the picture.  I will include the webpage below.  I was wondering if there
was any way to contact Don Miller and/or the photographers to get a copy of
one of their photographs to compare.

Thanks so much for your time.

Lana Hays
Biology Teacher
St. Henry District High School
Erlanger, Kentucky

webpage:

http://homepage.mac.com/lhays/PhotoAlbum13.html

(You can click on the titles above for other pictures)

Also if the above doesn't work, you can try the following although some
people have trouble with pbase.

www.pbase.com/lhays