[TN-Bird] Reelfoot area yesterday

  • From: "Mark Greene" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 04:11:13 -0700 (PDT)

most of the day yesterday birding around the Reelfoot Lake area.<br/>I started
at Walnut Log Road. Highlights here included Common Gallinule, Willow
Flycatcher, singing Gray-cheeked Thrush, and brief looks at a singing male
Mourning Warbler, a Wilson's Warbler, and Canada Warbler.<br/><br/>At a rice
field near Black Bayou Refuge I encountered huge group of
shorebirds:<br/><br/>Semipalmated Plover - 217! The most I have ever seen at
once!<br/>Also present were Spotted Sandpiper,<br/>Pectoral Sandpiper, Least
SP, Semipalmated SP, and Wilson's Snipe.<br/><br/>At the Goose Pond area of
Black Bayou Refuge I added Black-necked Stilt, both yellowlegs, Solitary SP,
Stilt SP, and a single Wilson's Phalarope.<br/><br/>At the Reelfoot WMA
wheelchair hunting area I had another female Hooded Merganser, this one with 5
young. Still no Least Bitterns.<br/><br/>MS Kites and Acadian Flycatchers
 were all over the place now. I'm sure I left some stuff out as I'm typing this
Yahoo Mail for iPhone</a>