[TN-Bird] Rainy Day Report

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 20:55:40 -0400 (EDT)

May 12, 2012
Shelby-Tipton Counties, TN

As you all know, I love bad weather, well, today was not bad but  the light
rain did slow a few birds down and made them short stop their  travels. The
day started as I scanned the Crow nest over the house and a CAPE  May
Warbler fed along in the same clump of pine needles, a bird I missed last  year
and the first of a nice collection of wet jewels seen today. Later a wet,
bedraggled Black-billed Cuckoo greeted me with a dull stare at 30 feet and did
 not move until I tried to get back to my camera. White-rumped and Stilt
Sandpipers highlighted 2 wet areas in my travels, along with a  single
Golden-Plover and 14 other Wind Birds for an excellect count of 17  species for
this late date.

White-winged Doves at 2 sites already, may mean another good season for
them, along with Western Kingbirds and hybrids already nesting.

I've added a few photos of recent birds for those interested, start  at:

_http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/143268193_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/image/143268193)

Jeff R.  Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135  (http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/)
_http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/_ (http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/)

What is  this feathered thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.