[TN-Bird] Radnor Scoter comtinues (Surf)

  • From: Gary Casey <redknot2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:49:41 -0800 (PST)

Radnor Lake
Davidson Cnty

I got very close extended looks at the scoter this afternoon. The bird was
at the intersection of Otter Creek and the road to the nature center. It was
diving about 35 feet from the shoreline. It was going down and coming back
up in the same spot. I watched for about 15 minutes. On my way back to the
west parking area I saw a distant group of 4 birds. They were at rest, but
from
time to time one would look around. They were mergansers, maybe red-breasted.

Gray Casey
Kingston Springs