[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake warblers, Davidson Co.

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 11:57:44 -0400 (EDT)

8-9-2011
Radnor Lake
Davidson Co.

The warblers are beginning to reappear!  I had three species this  morning,
my first there since June 9.  There was a first year  Prairie Warbler in
the bushes just below the spillway bridge, pumping its tail  continuously and
showing off its white outer tail feathers.  And near  bench #20 just before
Long Bridge, there was a tailless first year Northern  Parula and a gorgeous
male Hooded Warbler.  These were chasing each other  and foraging in the
tall weeds.  There was also an adult and fledgling  Pewees at that spot.

There are 60+ Wood Ducks spread along the shoreline and 4-5 Green  Herons
fishing from the downed trees.

Deer are everywhere, along with a few spotted fawns.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN