[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake spring visitors

  • From: "fekel" <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2014 11:42:53 -0500

Radnor Lake State Natural Area
Davidson Co., TN
2014 April 5
7:20-10:30am
cool and cloudy turning to sunny

Saturday morning my wife Bonnie and I headed for a walk around
Radnor Lake. Jan Shaw met us in the parking lot and we took our
time waiting for the sun, which eventually did come out. A variety
of wildflowers are starting to bloom, enhancing the woods.

There were two BARRED OWLs between the west parking lot and the
lake to provide us with a good start. Plenty of YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERs,
but we also heard 2 LOUISIANA WATERTHRUSHes, and had 5 NORTHERN PARULAs,
one seen at eye level, 4 BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLERs, and a single
BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER plus 2 YELLOW-THROATED VIREOs. Lots of both
RUBY-CROWNED and GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETs plus four species of swallows.
A WINTER WREN was still hanging out at Long Bridge.

Returning to our vehicles at the west parking lot, two BARRED OWLs began
to call. We finished the walk with 48 species.

A very nice morning.

Frank Fekel
Bellevue, TN
TN-Bird Net is owned by the Tennessee Ornithological Society Neither the society(TOS) nor its moderator(s)

              Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
                       Clemson, SC

                      MAP RESOURCES