[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Wed. morning

  • From: Frank Fekel <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:07:54 -0600 (CST)

Radnor Lake State Natural Area
Davidson Co.
Nashville, TN
Wednesday 12 November.

Overcast skies and light sprinkles met me at Radnor Lake this
morning, but the temperature was to die for (or at least that
is what I'll be saying tomorrow morning).  Arriving at 7:05 am,
some 15 minutes later I heard the MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER chipping.
I got several brief but good looks of it near the bench at willow
point on the lake side of the dam.

My impression is that the eye arcs have gotten stronger
and significantly shorter in the time that I have seen the bird.
The black at the bottom of the bib also seems to have become
stronger.

A lingering INDIGO BUNTING at the West parking lot, was one day
later than the late fall record listed in "Birds of the Nashville
Area," fourth edition.

Also seen today were more typical winter birds, BROWN CREEPER and
both kinglets.  Unfortunately, I found no water birds on the lake
in a brief walk down to Long Bridge.

Frank Fekel
Tennessee State University
Center of Excellence in Information Systems
330 10th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37203  USA