[TN-Bird] RPT: Roseate Spoonbill, Chickamauga Dam - Hamilton Co

  • From: kde@xxxxxxx
  • To: Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:30:22 -0400 (EDT)

Harold Sharp of the Riverwalk Bird Club in Chattanooga sent me an
update on the Great White Herons along with a report of a ROSEATE
SPOONBILL from the same area below Chickamauga Dam where one of the
Great White Herons has been being seen.  His message and a follow-up
are below.

Note that there are currently a good number of reports of Roseate
Spoonbills along the east coast from SC, NC, and VA including a
report of two well inland in NC and as many as 9 at Pea Island
on the Outer Banks.  So keep your eyes open for big pink birds
as they seem to really be dispersing widely after breeding this
year.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN