[tn-bird] RPT: Fulvous Whistling-Ducks still present, Lake Co. 6/8/02

  • From: Mikectodd@xxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 19:02:05 EDT

I made a quick trip over to Mud Lake this morning hoping to photograph the
Fulvous Whistling-Ducks. I ran into Steve and Gail Clendenen and Mark Greene
& family shortly after I arrived. The pair of Fulvous Whistling-Ducks were
seen before I arrived by the Clendenens, and then we all saw them in flight
as they flew from the north side of Mud Lake to the east side. We saw where
they went down but were unable to locate them. Also of interest was a rapidly
drying field in Lake Co. which held at least 30 White-rumped and 10 Semi
Sandpipers. Since they seem to have cleared out of the pits, maybe this is
the last push coming through. The Scissor-tails took a few minutes to
cooperate, but we all got great looks of them as well.

Good birding!!!!!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
Carroll Co.