[TN-Bird] Re: RFI Hooded Crane

  • From: "Bates E." <wgpu239@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jwdjwd67@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 13:10:28 -0500

Jeff,

Here's a link that will tell you how to get to the platform:

http://www.tnwatchablewildlife.org/watchareadetails.cfm?uid=09071608273977728&region=Hiwassee_Refuge&statearea=East_Tennessee

The viewing platform is always open (no gate).

Dress warmly!!  The wind off the water is usually unpleasant.  :-)

I was there early this a.m. and saw the crane.  I watched it for about 1/2
hour as it wandered the mud flats just below the platform, with a bunch of
sandhills.  At ~ 9 a.m. it flew off with a group of sandhills to a spot out
of sight.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me (wgpu239@xxxxxxxxx)

Bates Estabrooks
Andersonville, TN (near Knoxville)