[TN-Bird] Purple Finch & Pine Siskins

  • From: kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: TN-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 16:46:15 +0000 (UTC)

There was a female purple finch this morning at my feeders.  Beautiful bird!
She appeared to have scarring on the right side of her face.  Even the eye
stripe was "missing".  By the time I returned with binos to see what exactly
was wrong, she was gone.  I'm not sure if it was eye disease or something else.
 At any rate, I was surprised to see her.  I guess I shouldn't have been since
the Pine Siskins are back in full force as well.  Isn't this a little late?

Kristy Baker

Rockvale, TN

Rutherford County