[TN-Bird] Re: Possible white-winged dove, Murfreesboro Discovery Center

  • From: Thomas Miko <thomas_miko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wfissell@xxxxxxxxx" <wfissell@xxxxxxxxx>, Tennessee Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:57:45 -0700

Why was it not a Eurasian Collared Dove?  (Just checking).

Thomas Geza Miko,

B.Sc. Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiaton & Lab Safety

653 S. Indian Hill Blvd., unit C

Claremont, CA 91711
U.S.A.

Home: 909.445.1456
Mobile: 909.241.3300

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:42:55 -0500
Subject: [TN-Bird] Possible white-winged dove, Murfreesboro Discovery Center
From: wfissell@xxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, All,

while visiting the discovery center 4/14 at Murfreesboro Springs, I saw several
Mourning Doves, and then, while walking the boardwalk, a bird that looked like
a mourning dove, except it was paler, in flight had a squared-off tail with a
lot of white at the end and sides, and maybe some white on the wings.  I wasn't
thinking white-winged dove, I was thinking, gosh, that mourning dove looks pale
and has a lot of white on it.  And the tail is squared off.  When I looked at
it through the mounted binocular 'scope on the boardwalk, (no binos with me) I
again thought, that looks like a mourning dove, but something's not right about
it. It had the little mustache/auricular  patch and nothing to suggest rock
dove.

If anyone sees the bird again, please let me know what I saw. :)

thanks!