[TN-Bird] Polk County White-crowned Sparrows

  • From: rick houlk <rhoulk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 18:11:05 -0500

I had two adult White-crowned and a Vesper Sparrow on the property in Polk
County today. The birds were in the brush at the pond mixed with Field, Song
and White-throated Sparrows. The Vesper Sparrow is a new Polk County bird for
me. Two adult and four juvenile White-crowned Sparrows spent the winter in one
of my brush piles in 2010-11 but were absent this past winter most likely
because of my growing population of House Sparrows.

Rick Houlk
Polk County