[TN-Bird] Photos from Chickamauga Lake Thursday

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 13:12:34 -0800 (PST)

For those interested, I have put a number of photos up from my trip to
Chattanooga the other day. It was a very dreary day, with no sunlight, so not
the best conditions for photography. But, the birds were moderately close (most
of them anyway).

I started with a few distant shots at 200mm and 400mm to give a feel for the
group, and most of the others are digiscopes. This was my first time using a
new digiscoping camera, so I'm pleased with the results considering I was
figuring it out on the go (with frozen hands mostly). I've placed captions
under some of the photos, and along with the numerous White-winged and Black
Scoter photos, have some comparisons of Greater and Lesser Scaup, the leucistic
hen Redhead, and etc from the dam, and a couple of distant shots of one of the
Red-throated Loons off of Vincent Rd.

The photos are in this gallery: http://www.pbase.com/mctodd/chickamauga_scoters

Good birding!!

Mike Todd