[TN-Bird] Palm Thursday at Eagle Bend hatchery

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:13:42 -0400

TN-birders,

Dollyann and I had a nice visit to Eagle Bend fish hatchery in Anderson County
this morning.

Highlights included:

Redhead - 1 female. Seems pretty early for this species; our first of the fall
season (FOS)
Killdeer - 18
Philadelphia Vireo - 1; our first ever sighting for Eagle Bend, bringing our
total species found here to 159.
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1; FOS
Swainson's Thrush - 1
Northern mockingbird - 13; the most we have ever found here.
Tennessee Warbler - 6
Magnolia Warbler - 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 2
Palm Warbler - 32! our most ever here, and I'm sure we underestimated them.
Savannah Sparrow - 7

Great birding,
Ron Hoff and Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN