[TN-Bird] Painted Buntings and Western Flycatchers plus...........

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 08:30:29 EDT

May 10, 2008
Memphis, TN

I spent the early morning looking for Painted Buntings in north Memphis and
found males singing at 3 locations and then another at the regular location in
 south Memphis at Ensley.

Western Kingbirds and hybrid Kingbirds were located at 3 locations in
Frayser, at Levee Road and at an industrial warehouse area in south Memphis.
None
yet in Ensley that I could find. Nine individuals were seen with one pair
building a nest. A single male Scissor-tail awaits a mate on President's
Island.

Long walks at the "PITS" in Ensley produced 17 species of Wind Birds with  13
Wilson's Phalaropes, a single Baird's and growing numbers of  Stilt
Sandpipers, White-rumped Sandpipers, Semipalmated Sandpipers, Dunlin,  nesting
Black-necked Stilts but with significantly lower numbers of Solitary
Sandpipers,
Dowitchers plus continuing, unexpectedly low numbers of  Pectoral Sandpipers.
Good Birding  !!!

Jeff R. Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Road
Bartlett, TN  38135
http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/
What is this feathered thing that  lifts my heart to the heavens.

favorites at AOL Food.

                       MAP RESOURCES