[TN-Bird] Re: Pace Point CBC?

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: jay.desgrosellier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TN-BIRD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:20:17 EDT

Hello Jay,

I, too, have been wondering for years as to why no Christmas Count at Pace
Point.  It seems totally ridiculous that it has not been proposed in the past.
I DID ask the question quite some years back and was told there weren't enough
Saturdays in the two weeks span to fit it in.  Well, being retired, I am not
adverse to counting on Sunday or a weekday if that is what it takes.  I used
to have a lot of friends in Florida who would take a "vacation" day from work
to do a count during the week because we had so many counts, and the same crew
did most of them back in the days of old when birders were scarcer than bird
teeth!  Most people who work DO accrue "annual leave days" which they can
usually take at any time as long as they "put in" for them giving enough
advance
notice.

 Keeping in mind that I have a bit of a rough time walking, please count me
in on an "easy" route.  All the trips I've taken over there have not entailed
more than I've been able to handle in the past, so it might be a good one for
me.  I will also need to ride over with someone unless I trade for better
"wheels" before then.  I'm looking, but just haven't found the "right" deal yet
for
the vehicle I want.  It's that age old problem of having a champagne appetite
being thwarted by a beer pocketbook!  At my advanced age, this will probably
be my last car purchase, so I'm looking for a "Dom Perignon" on a "deal."

I do hope you can get this organized.  That's such a great area that it's a
shame to NOT have it included in the Christmas Count.  Thanks for going after
it!

Dee Thompson
Nashville

                 jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx