[TN-Bird] Old Hickory Dam, TN

  • From: Stczipperer@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:42:21 -0400 (EDT)

4/24/2013
Old Hickory Dam Beach and Snow Bunting Penisula
Old Hickory, TN
Davidson Co.

Left work this morning after seeing Scott Somershoe's post for Phillip
Casteel about the American Advocets.  After hitting every traffic light and
even having to wait for the Nashville Commuter train I arrived at Snowbird  P
enisula at about 9:00AM in a down pour.  Nothing.  Drove around to  the Dam
and looked at the beach area and there they were, a new life bird  American
Avocets. I thought I kept counting 20 birds but after reviewing my  photos I
am going with 19 birds.  Semipalmated plover and spotted  sandpiper, 2
female Red-breasted mergansers, a Common Loon and a Ruddy duck were  also seen.

Attached is a documentation photo at best. Never did quit raining had to
shoot from the truck.

Good Birding
Stephen Zipperer

JPEG image