[TN-Bird] New Cormorant Species-- created in haste

  • From: Kevin Bowden <bnabirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:31:13 -0500

For those of you who carefully read my narrartive of the results of
yesterday's NTOS-sponsored walk at Radnor Lake in Nashville, you may have
noticed that I reported a previously unknown Cormorant species that was
created in my haste and in let's face it, inattention to my prose.

We did not see 35 well-suited Double Breasted Cormorants. They were merely
Double-crested Cormorants.

I appreciate that no one called me on this publicly or privately. I just
hope everyone chuckled as much as I did.

Kevin Bowden
Nashville, YN