[TN-Bird] Nest building Carolina Wrens

  • From: "Ginger Goolsby" <vgoolsby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRDS" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:56:24 -0500

I live in Hamblen County in the western part of Morristown. I have had a
pair of Carolina Wrens coming to the feeders on my deck all winter. They
must like my ?bird chow? because they are moving in! They have been carrying
nest materials into the wren nest box that I have suspended from the eaves
of my house at the edge of the deck. They don?t mind my presence very much ?
especially when I am bringing food! They seem like my home-made lard/peanut
butter/cornmeal mix as well as the apple halves which I sometimes smear with
peanut butter.
With all this nest building activity going on, maybe spring really isn?t too
far away!

Ginger Goolsby