[TN-Bird] Nashville Yard Birds

  • From: Kevin Bowden <bnabirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:21:45 -0500

Monday 29 April 2013

I generally feel compelled to go somewhere away from home to see birds.
This morning I donned my boots, took my binoculars and spent 45 minutes
in my own yard in Nashville-Davidson Co, TN. It proved to be time well
spent as I gleaned the following yard birds with some long looks at most.

Cape May Warbler
Yellow Warbler (singing incessantly and moving about, but never leaving the
yard)
Blue-winged Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Palm Warbler (this species has been very numerous in my yard since last
Wednesday)
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Rose-breasted Grosbeak (both male and female almost side by side)
Indigo Bunting
White-eyed Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
House Wren