[TN-Bird] Murfree Spring Wetland - more Blue-winged Teal

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 12:26:42 -0800 (PST)

Murfree Spring Wetland
March 3, 2012
Rutherford County

The pair of Blue-winged Teal from back in February are still around, and they
brought in reinforcements. There are now 7 of them (6 males, 1 female). The
pair seem to be keeping to themselves, away from the other 5 males.

Nothing else of note other than a singing Ruby-crowned Kinglet, one of my
favorite musicians in the bird world and one I hadn't heard in a few years. I
love how their song sounds like three completely unrelated birds all strung
together :-)

Daniel Estabrooks