[TN-Bird] Murfree Spring - G-C Thrush, Blue-headed Vireo, etc.

  • From: "Daniel B. Estabrooks" <dbe2g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 23:24:19 +0000

Murfree Spring Wetland
Rutherford County
10/7/12

Had a crazy afternoon at the wetland. I ran into a large flock of migrants that
included good looks at a Blue-headed Vireo, a Gray-cheeked Thrush, and a female
Scarlet Tanager. (I'm not super-confident with my Catharus IDs at this point in
my birding career, but I got a good view of this one's face and it had no hint
of the buffy eye-ring that you would expect on a Swainson's.) I also found a
most cooperative Orange-crowned Warbler mixed in with a small flock of Palm
Warblers on the other side of the marsh.

Daniel Estabrooks