[tn-bird] More "unseen" warblers

  • From: "Anna Varney" <arvarney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:21:48 -0500

Hi all,

Upon arriving home from work this afternoon, I was witness to a session of
"Dueling Bathtubs".  The competition was between an Eastern Bluebird and a
truly beautiful bird, a Black-throated Green Warbler.  They both bathed in
their own indentation in the driveway.  The battle went on for quite sometime,
one splashing away then stopping and looking at the other, then that one would
take off like mad.  We had just had some showers and the sun was coming out and
so were the warblers.  I had 3 Black-throated Greens at one time in my field of
vision.  I can't believe it has taken me so long to find this bird.  Tennessee
Warblers numbered high but I couldn't keep track of all of them.

Hummers still hangin tough.  A good half dozen seen daily.

Bird is the word,
Anna Varney
Summertown, TN