[TN-Bird] Memphis and Millington, TN

  • From: queen mab <queenmab001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 17:55:16 -0700 (PDT)

05-14-13
Sunny and slightly windy

The Pits
Memphis, TN

My sister and I left at 0100 this am and arrived at 0600. We had a great day!
Thank you Ruben Stoll for pointing some birds out to us.

Fulvous Whistling Duck (life bird)
Black-bellied Whistling Duck
Northern Shoveler
Blue-winged Teal
Canada Goose
Black-necked Stilt
Short-billed Dowitcher (life bird)
White-rumped Sandpipers (life bird)
Wilson's Phalarope (life bird)
Quite a few other little shore birds we are still IDing
Dicksissel

Meeman-Shelby
Millington, TN

We parted there having to stay on schedule since we would be 15h on the road.
We ended up in Meeman-Shelby State Park. I was after the Mississippi Kite.
I spoke with the ladies at the front desk and, apparently, there is a nest just
across the street to the left. We stood there for about an hour and the Kites
showed themselves numerous times. She stated that they have been very active
there for the past couple weeks. I also photographed a Baltimore Oriole down at
the lake.

Hatchie
Stanton, TN

Total bust!