[TN-Bird] March CTOS meeting

  • From: "David F. Vogt" <dfv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 14:16:25 -0500

Please see details on the March meeting of Chattanooga Chapter of the
Tennessee Ornithological Society below.

David Vogt

Chattanooga, TN

The Chattanooga Chapter of

 The Tennessee Ornithological Society,

Welcomes visitors to its monthly meetings

The March meeting will be held 7:00 pm Thur. March 9 when Ron Hoff

 will speak on:

Pelagic Birding in New Zealand

Dollyann Myers and Ron Hoff took an incredible 20 day pelagic trip with
Heritage Expeditions

 In December, 2004, to the subantarctic islands of New Zealand and
Australia. The trip produced

 sightings of many species of albatrosses, penguins, and seabirds in
general, in addition to

 visiting 7 island groups seldom seen by most birders. Ron's program
with cover the highlights of

 the trip with many bird photos.   This program comes highly recommended
so don't miss Ron's

presentation

Bird-of-the-Month

Brown Pelican

A wonderful bird is the pelican,

It's bill can hold more than it's belly can.

It can hold in it's beak,

Enough food for a week.

But, I'll be damned if I know how the hell he can.

By Dixon Merit, co-founder of TOS

Jane Rollins will give a short presentation on this "wonderful bird"
before the main

program

Light refreshments will be served

Our group meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00pm at Ascension
Lutheran

 Church, 720 S.

Germantown Rd (Just South of I-24 in East Ridge)

(The Tennessee Ornithological Society boasts a 90 year history of bird
study in TN and offers regular field trips and programs focused on wild
birds.  Our organization also participates in a variety of bird research
projects, bird counts and conservation projects.  We welcome visitors
and new members of all levels of expertise.  For more information call:
Dave Vogt at 423/877-8129 or dfv@xxxxxxxxxx)