[TN-Bird] Marbled Godwits at the Duck River Unit

  • From: birdchaserrws <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:05:50 -0500

  8/17/15
  My brother Victor and I stopped by the Duck River Unit TNWR this afternoon to
look for Willets brought down by the rains. (We noticed that Casteel had them
at Snow-Bunting)
  We didn't find any Willets, but decided we would settle for 4 Marbled Godwits
instead.
  They were in Pool 1 resting and stretching on the island with the pelicans
and terns.
  Other good recently arrived birds in Pool 1 were 17 Stilt Sandpipers, 6
Western Sandpipers, and found in a flock of passerines, a female type
Blackburnian Warbler.
Good birding, Ruben Stoll, Centerville TN.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone