[TN-Bird] MODERATOR TN-BIRDS: Please use TN-Butterflies list and TN-Moths list

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 01:02:33 -0400

Hi TN-Birders,

Since you can find a TN-Butterflies list and a TN-Moths list and a
TN-Dragonflies list operating out there and they are FreeLists servers like
TN-Birds, it would be better to direct questions, identifications and
threads of discussion to one or more of those lists.

I have no doubt many birders on this list have a wide variety of interest in
birds/butterflies/moths/dragonflies but TN-Birds is about birds and it would
seem many subscribers are left behind and out of the loop when we have a
thread dealing with aspects of moth/butterfly populations, identification,
etc.

If the recent request, posted by someone who does not identify themselves on
TN-Birds and ignored our requirements to "SIGN YOUR MESSAGE with first and
last name, CITY (TOWN) and state abbreviation" and such had not expanded
into a thread of eight messages or so, I would probably ignore it and let
the list move forward.

Thank you all for your interest in TN-Birds and all the good things you
provide to birders on this list.

You are all neat people.

Wallace Coffey

Moderator